Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alkaline Recipe : Avocado Bowls



So this is one of the first alkaline recipes which I've tried: salad in a avocado bowl! I would include a picture but I ate it right after I made it. It was actually really good. The creamy avocado with crisp salad and tangy dressing was a surprisingly cool and delicious treat. Here's the recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of salad ( I used bell peppers, cucumber, onions, lettuce, and water crest for mine )
  • 1 Avocado
  • Salad dressing ( 1tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp of yellow mustard, .5 tsp of onion powder, .5 tsp of garlic powder, and .5 tsp of powdered thyme)
Directions
  1. Wash your avocado and cut it in half. (Do the best you can since their is a seed in the middle!). Remove the seed. Their should already be a hallow area in the avocado halfs which will be used for the "bowls". Set it aside
  2. On a chopping board cut up the vegetables you have chosen for your salad. The smaller the pieces the better since more will be able to fit in the avocado bowls but that's just my preference. Put your salad in a bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl or container combine the balsamic vinegar and mustard. Then, combine the powdered onions, powdered garlic, and powdered thyme.
  4. Pour your dressing into your salad and toss. ( You can also pour the dressing on the salad when its in the avocado bowls)
  5. Put your salad into your avocado bowls and enjoy!
If you want to add some more protein you can put some raw almonds shavings/pieces on top.

I love this recipe because it I can get eat alot of alkaline vegetables in my diet in a fun to eat way. Also, you can use whatever vegetables you have at home to make the salad. I think I used most of the alkaline rich foods I have at the moment.

P.S. if you have extra salad or doesn't fit in your "bowl" then you can put the extra on a separate plate or use your spoon to scoop out avocado flesh for a bigger bowl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment